Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan made his first visit to Turkey as a Prime Minister meeting President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to discuss a number of things.
Many Muslims would say these are two inspiring Muslim leaders far above the rest. Yes, no one is perfect and there’s much both of them can do more for the Muslim Ummah, but again they are the best from what we have.
It goes without saying that it’s vital for our leaders to keep good relationships with one another and constantly look at ways to help the Ummah at large, this is what the enemies of Islam don’t want the most.
Here are some of the key points from the meeting:
• Discussed strengthening the economic ties between the two Islamic nations
• Lifting people out of poverty the primary concern
• Turkey will continue to stand by Pakistan
• Pakistan wishes to take Pakistan and Turkish relations to new heights
• Turkey urges its business people to invest in Pakistan
• Pakistan’s decision to declare Gulen backed organization a terror organization pleases Turkey
• Turkey supports Pakistan on Kashmir issue
• Pakistan wants to base its country upon the system of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)’s in Madina which Imran Khan stated Turkey already has in place to a good extent
• Turkey can help Pakistan to tap EU’s furniture market
• Help the people of Afghanistan and Syria from the difficulties
• Tackle terrorism and extremism in both lands
Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan Joint Press Conference with President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Turkish Presidential Palace Ankara Turkey (04.01.19)#PMIKVisitsTurkey 🇵🇰🇹🇷 @ImranKhanPTI @RT_Erdogan 2/2 pic.twitter.com/H5i1JK7UCx
— PTI (@PTIofficial) January 4, 2019
The two leaders showed further solidarity to one another and to show the importance on upholding Islamic principles by praying the Friday prayer together.
Seeing Muslims unite for the common good is a lost treasure which needs to revive step by step. For when the Muslims come together for the sake of Islam and serving the people, then the help of Allah will come and prosperity will prevail.
“Turkey and Pakistan are two brotherly countries whose friendly ties date back a long time in history” https://t.co/zjyPmcJu3C pic.twitter.com/EOys6uNB3T
— Turkish Presidency (@trpresidency) January 4, 2019
Keep this verse from Allah in our hearts says in the Quran 3:103:
And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you – when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers.
May Allah continue to guide them and our other leaders to do what is right by Him, while protecting them from all who seek to harm them and the Ummah.