For those who would like to use the questions and the answers for educational and dawah purpose, you may do so without any copyright issues in shā Allāh. It’s all for the sake of Allah. May Allāh accept!
1) Which sahaba did Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa’sallam) help to become free from being a slave by planting 300+ date palm trees?
- Bilal ibn Rabah (ra)
- Thawban ibn Bujdud (ra)
- Zayd ibn Harisa (ra)
- Salman al Farisi (ra) ✔️
Read the story – https://islamciv.com/2016/07/02/salman-al-farsis-quest-to-find-the-truth-of-islam/
2) What is the virtue of reciting Ayatul Kursi before going to bed at night to sleep?
- Takes away hunger
- Gives you strength
- You are protected from harm till sunrise ✔️
- House in Jannah
Abu Hurairah (r) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) appointed me to guard the zakaah of Ramadaan, then someone came and started rummaging in the foodstuff; and at the end of the hadeeth he said:
“When you go to your bed, recite Aayat al-Kursiy, for there will remain with you a guardian from Allah, and no devil will approach you, until morning comes.”
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: “He told you the truth although he is a liar. That was a devil.” (Sahih al-Bukhaari 2311)
3) Which Prophet (as) had control of the Jinn and was able to talk to animals?
- Sulaiman (as) ✔️
- Dawud (as)
- Yunus (as)
- Musa (as)
Prophet Sulaiman (as) was known for his wisdom and knowledge, and was bestowed with many special gifts and powers, such as the ability to command wind and the mystical jinn, and could understand and speak the language of animals, birds and insects.
4) What does Zam Zam mean?
- Holy water
- Water well
- Stop ✔️
Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Prophet (ﷺ) added, “May Allah bestow Mercy on Ismaa’eel’s mother! Had she left the Zamzam alone (flowing without trying to control it) (or had she not scooped from that water) (to fill her water-skin), Zamzam would have been a stream flowing on the surface of the earth.”
5) What 2 things does a person lose if he/she misses Asr salah intentionally?
- Family ✔️
- Property ✔️
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Whoever misses the `Asr prayer (intentionally) then it is as if he lost his family and property.” (Sahih Bukhari 552)
6) What is Az-Zaqqum?
- Food for the people of hellfire ✔️
- Drink for the people of hellfire
- Home for the people of hellfire
- Clothes for the people of hellfire
“Then indeed you, O those astray [who are] deniers, Will be eating from trees of zaqqum” (Quran 56:51-52)
7) What is Sidrat al-Muntaha?
- Food for the people of Jannah
- An olive tree of the farthest boundary
- A lote tree of the farthest boundary ✔️
- Drink for the people of Jannah
“And indeed he (Muhammad (ﷺ) saw him (Jibreel) at a second descent (i.e., another time), near Sidrat al-Muntaha (the lote tree of the utmost boundary, beyond which none can pass), near it is the Paradise of Abode, when that covered the lote-tree which did cover it!” (Quran 53:13-16)
8) What was the relation between Prophet Musa (alayhi as-salaam) & Prophet Haroon (alayhi as-salaam)?
- Brothers ✔️
- Father & son
“And Allah sent Haroon, the brother of Musa as a support to Musa when He wanted to send him to Pharaoh, to call him to worship Allah. This was in response to the request of Musa:
“And We granted him his brother Haroon (Aaron), (also) a Prophet, out of Our Mercy” [Quran 19:53]
9) Which 2 surahs are for seeking protection in Allah from evil-eye & witchcraft?
- Surah Yaseen
- Surah Falaq ✔️
- Surah Ikhlas
- Surah Naas✔️
It was narrated that Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (r) said:
“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to seek refuge with Allah from the jinn and from the evil eye until the Mu’awwidhatayn (the last two chapters of the Quran, al-Falaq and al-Nas) were revealed, and when they were revealed he started to recite them and not anything else.” (Tirmidhi, Nasaa’i, Ibn Maajah)
10) Which of the following is not an example of Major Shirk?
- Asking help from a Prophet
- Going to a pious person’s grave for blessings
- Denying Allah & His religion
- Showing off ✔️
The Prophet ﷺ said:
”What I fear for you the most is the minor shirk, that is ar-riya. Allah will say on the Day of Judgement when He is rewarding the people for their actions: Go to those for whom you did riya for in the world then see if you find the reward with them.”
11) What does Allah’s name Al-Mu’izz mean?
- The One who dishonours
- The One who will judge
- The One who honours ✔️
- The One who sees it all
Say (O Muhammad ﷺ): “O Allah! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honour whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things.” (Quran 3:26)
12) Whose dua Allah will not accept? 2 answers.
- A person who asks Allah many times
- A person who asks Allah using a dead person as an intermediary ✔️
- A person who asks Allah with tears
- A person who asks Allah with no focus ✔️
Anas ibn Malik reported: If a drought became threatening, Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, would ask Al-Abbas ibn Abdul Muttalib to supplicate for Allah to send rain.
Umar would say, “O Allah, we used to ask our Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, to supplicate for rain and you would bless us with rain. Now we ask the uncle of our Prophet to supplicate for rain, so bless us with rain.” And so it would rain.
(Sahih al Bukhari 964)
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Know that Allah does not answer a du’aa from a distracted heart.”
(Tirmidhi, 3479; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 245)
13) Who was a first cousin of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?
- Abdullah ibn al-Abbas (ra) ✔️
- Abdullah ibn Umar (ra)
- Khalid ibn Waleed (ra)
- Abu Hurairah (ra)
Abdullah was the son of Abbas, an uncle of the Prophet ﷺ. He was born just three years before the Hijrah.
14) Who will get their book of deeds in the right hand on the Day of Judgment?
- The disbelievers
- The believers ✔️
- The hypocrites
- The leaders
“Then as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand will say: ‘Here! read my Record ‘Surely, I did believe that I shall meet my Account! So he shall be in a life, well‑pleasing. In a lofty Paradise,” (Quran 69:19-22)
15) What issue was Imam al-Bukhari (rh) born with and how as it fixed?
- Deaf & fixed with medicine
- Blind & fixed with medicine
- Deaf & fixed with mother’s dua
- Blind & fixed with mother’s dua ✔️
Read about his life – https://miftaah.org/articles/2018/10/22/imambukhari
16) Who was Umar bin Abdul Aziz (r)? 2 answers.
- A companion of the Prophet (ﷺ)
- A caliph of Islamic empire ✔️
- Grandson of Umar ibn al-Khattab
- Great grandson of Umar ibn al-Khattab ✔️
Read about his amazing life – https://www.arabnews.com/islam-perspective/umar-bin-abdul-aziz-great-muslim-ruler
17) In Jannah, what is Tuba?
- A fruit
- A tree ✔️
- A river
- A door
“Those who believe, and work righteousness, Tuba is for them and a beautiful place of (final) return.” (Quran 13:29)
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri said that a man asked,
“O Allah’s Messenger! Tuba for those who saw you and believed in you!”
The Prophet ﷺ said, “Tuba is for he who saw me and believed in me. Tuba, and another Tuba, and another Tuba for he who believed in me, but did not see me.” A man asked, “What is Tuba?”
The Prophet ﷺ said, “A tree in Paradise whose width is a hundred years, and the clothes of the people of Paradise are taken from its bark.”
18) What does Allah’s name Al-Ghani mean?
- The Giver
- The Protector
- The Independant ✔️
- The Wise
“O mankind! You are the poor ones in need of Allah, where as Allah is the Rich Beyond Need , the Praiseworthy.” (Quran 35:15)
19) Which Surah was favoured over the rest of the Quran with two prostrations?
- Surah Hajj ✔️
- Surah Tawbah
- Surah Muhammad
- Surah Yaseen
Amr bin Al-Ass (r) narrated that “The Prophet (ﷺ) taught him (to read) 15 Sajda, 3 of which are in the Mufassal and 2 of which are in Surah Al-Hajj (22)”. [Abu Dawud, Al-Hakim, Ibn Majah, Daruqutni and Al-Mundiri said that ‘it is a sound Hadith’]
20) Which is not one of the rights of a Muslim upon another Muslim?
- If one invites, you accept it
- If one dies, you attend the funeral
- If one asks for advice, you give sincerely
- If one asks for money, you give ✔️
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “The rights of one Muslim over another are five: returning the greeting of salaam, visiting the sick, attending funerals, accepting invitations, and saying yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you) to one who sneezes.” (Al-Bukhari (1240) and Muslim (2162))
21) Which Surah is referred as the oft-repeating verses Surah?
- Surah Ikhlas
- Surah Fatihah ✔️
- Surah Naas
- Surah Rahman
Abu Sa‘eed al-Mu‘alla (r) that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to him: “I will surely teach you a soorah that is the greatest soorah in the Qur’an…” Then he said: “Al-hamdu Lillahi Rabb al-‘Aalameen… It is the seven oft-repeated verses and the Glorious Qur’an that I have been given (cf. al-Hijr 15:87).” (Bukhari 4474)
22) Which Angel will blow the horn to signal the Day of Judgement?
- Jibraeel (as)
- Mikaeel (as)
- Malik Ul Moat (as)
- Israfeel (as) ✔️
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “How can I feel at ease when the Angel of the Trumpet, (Israfil) has put his lips to the Trumpet and is waiting for the order to blow it”. (Tirmidhi, Hasan)
23) Which Prophet (as) addressed the ruler King Nimrod?
- Prophet Ibrahim (as) ✔️
- Prophet Isa (as)
- Prophet Yusuf (as)
- Prophet Lut (as)
The Tafseer of Muhammad al-Kittaani Al-Idreesi reads, “Nimrood, the dictator and tyrant who considered himself to be god, the disbeliever, tried to inflict harm upon Ibrahim (Abraham), but Allah gave a sweeping victory to Ibrahim as Allah hit Nimrood and his people with the smallest and most despicable creation.
He sent mosquitoes upon them; a mosquito would enter their ears, and then their nostrils, and it would keep moving until it reached their brain; as a result, they died.”
24) Which uncle of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) didn’t accept Islam?
- Abdul Muttalib
- Abu Lahab ✔️
“Perished be the hands of Abu Lahab and ruined he be, Neither his wealth nor what he has earned shall avail him. He shall shortly roast in a flaming fire. And his wife — laden with faggots, Shall have a rope of palm fiber round her neck.” (Qur’an 111:1-5)
25) What are you not allowed to do in Sujood?
- Make dua in Arabic
- Recite Quran ✔️
- Make dua in another language
- Recite adhkar
The Prophet ﷺ said: “I have been forbidden to recite the Quran in the state of bowing and prostration. So whilst bowing, extol the Lord in it, and while you are in prostration strive your hardest supplicating, as it is most likely that you will be responded to.” [Muslim]
26) Which Surah doesn’t begin with the basmallah?
- Surah Rahman
- Surah Yasin
- Surah Fatihah
- Surah Tawbah ✔️
Imam an-Nawawi (r) said:
“He should always recite Bismillah ir-Rahmaan ir-Raheem at the beginning of every Surah except Surah Baraa’ah (at-Tawbah), because the majority of scholars said that it is a verse wherever it is written in the Mushaf, and it was written at the beginning of all the soorahs except Surah at-Tawbah.
If he recites it at the beginning of every soorah (other than at-Tawbah), then there is certainty that he had recited the entire Qur’an or Surah, and if he fails to recite the Basmalah, he has omitted part of the Qur’an according to the majority.”
(at-Tibyaan fi Adaab Hamalat al-Qur’aan, 100)
27) How did Abu Hurairah (ra) stop forgetting and had an amazing memory?
- The Prophet ﷺ made dua for him (r)
- The Prophet ﷺ blessed his (r) clothing sheet ✔️
- He (r) ate lots of nuts
- He (r) drank a lot of milk
Abu Hurairah (r) reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, I hear many traditions from you and I forget them.”;
The Prophet (s) said: “Spread open your garment.”; I spread it and then he placed something from his hand into it, saying, “Wrap it.”.
I wrapped it around me and I never forgot a tradition ever again.
(Sahih Bukhari 3448)
28) What is Abu Bakr (r)’s full name?
- Abdur Rahman ibn Uthman
- Uthman ibn Abdullah
- Abdullah ibn Uthman ✔️
- Abdullah ibn Abdur Rahman
His full name is Abdullah bin Abu Quhafah Uthman bin Aamer Al Qurashi Al Taymi. His lineage joins with that of the Prophet ﷺ six generations before himself, in Murrah Ben Kaab.
29) For whom is this dua for? – Rabbir Humhumma Kama Rabba Yaani Sahgeera
- Parents ✔️
- Whole Ummah
- The Deceased
“My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.” (Quran 17:24)
30) Why does Allah allow suffering to happen? 2 answers.
- Because life is a test ✔️
- Because we were born to suffer
- Because Allah likes us to suffer
- Because we appreciate the good even more
“We will certainly test you with a touch of fear and famine and loss of property, life, and crops. Give good news to those who patiently endure.” (Quran 2:155)
31) How many gates of Jannah are there?
- 8 ✔️
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘Whoever performs Wudu’ and does it well, then says: “Ashhadu an la ilaha ill-Allah was ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasuluh (I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is his slave and Messenger),” eight gates of Paradise will be opened for him, and he may enter through whichever one he wishes.'”
(Sunan Nisaai, Sahih)
32) What is not one of the conditions of the Shahada?
- Knowledge (Ilm)
- Submission (Inqiyad)
- Memorisation (Hifz) ✔️
- Sincerity (Ikhlas)
Read about a number of conditions of the Shahada – https://sunnahonline.com/library/beliefs-and-methodology/53-conditions-of-la-ilaha-illa-allah
33) Who was the only person did the Prophet ﷺ pray a full rakat behind?
- Abu Bakr (r)
- Umar ibn al Khattab (r)
- Abdur Rahman ibn Awf (r) ✔️
- Bilal ibn Rabah (r)
In the wording of Ahmad: “Al-Mugheerah Ibn Shu’bah said: “…I saw the Prophet ﷺ praying behind Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn ‘Awf one Rak’ah of Fajr [as he had missed one Rak’ah] and I saw the Prophet ﷺ, wiping over his socks.”
34) Which fruit is mentioned in the Quran?
- Grapes ✔️
“By means of it We produce gardens of dates and grapes for you, in which there are many fruits for you and from which you eat. (23:19)”
35) Where is it not allowed to pray Salah? (2 answers)
- Inside the Kaaba
- On top of the Kaaba ✔️
- Graveyard ✔️
Ibn ‘Umar relates that the Prophet ﷺ in seven places: “dunghills, slaughterhouses, graveyards, middle of the road, bathhouses, watering places where the camels drink and rest, and onthe roof of the house of Allah [the Ka’bah in Makkah].” [Ibn Majah, ‘Abd ibn Humaid, and Tirmidhi]