Dawah. It’s an obligation upon every Muslim – calling people to the path of Allāh with good speech and wisdom.
From January 20th till 31st, a special collaborative Dawah program was arranged in Philippines. The result as one can read from the title was absolutely amazing – despite the amount of Islamophobia evident worldwide.
Muslim Council of Hong Kong interviewed Indonesian Dawah team brother Priyo Sapto to find out more about the amazing news. Below is detailed information about what occurred
1) How many people embraced Islam?
During the program, Alhamdulillah more than 150 Christians uttered shahadas – declaring their faith into Islam. This all in the matter of just 10 days.
Subhan’Allah just goes to show how Islam will indeed enter into every household, no not by the sword but rather through the power of the truth.
2) From which locations?
• 1 on the airplane prior to landing in Manila NAIA airport;
• 1 during the Dawah training class at Ma’had Al Salam Al Islamie-Brgy, Luzviminda in the city of Dasmarinas;
• 1 in the street Dawah at Paliparan market;
• 10 in the public park Dawah at Luneta Park in Manila;
• 1 after a simple discussion at Piat Birthing Centre in Piat Cagayan Valley;
• 15 from Sto. Nino Cagayan Valley;
More than 100 (probably 130) after Islamic Syposium event at Brgy Balelleng Isabella Cagayan Valley;
• 1 in the street Dawah at Luzviminda Market, Dasmarinas Cavite;
• 1 in Tagaytay tourism spot
Alhumdulilah. May Allāh keep them all steadfast and firm upon Islam.
3) What made them revert?
The concept of Tawheed (belief in pure monotheism of God Almighty).
The people believed in God who is One and agreed that He can have no partners, no children and none like Him.
The teaching of Islam simply was logical and simple for them to understand. Christianity made them doubtful and found Islam to be the truth.
4) How will they be supported in future?
The organisers are looking to support every Muslims around the globe especially from ASEAN countries and the Philippines itself.
They will connect the new Muslims with established Dawah centres nearby and hope to set up more learning centres in the selected areas.
5) Who were the organisers and what’s the organisations’ future plans?
The team was a combination of several Dawah teams from across Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia.
They hope to work together like this more often and continue to bring the message of Islam to all of Asia.